Are you that kind of guy who uses the computer when the lights are off? If you are, then making a homemade mini USB Lamp is for you.
This tutorial is based on a video in YouTube. So, before starting everything, please prepare the following materials:
- Old broken USB cord (or Lightning Connector)
- LED White Light (3V)
- Resistor 100 ohm
- Nail Cutter
- Soldering rod
- Glue Gun
- Crocodile Clip
Let the video below guide you:
- Get an old USB cord (preferably Apple lightning cord) and remove the plastic lid. You will see four wire connections which you will eventually remove.
- Cut a portion of the cord and remove the red and black wires.
- With the crocodile clip clamping the USB port, solder the Resistor 100 ohm on the rightmost of the wire connection.
- Solder the black wire on the other end.
- Bend the Resistor 100 ohm on the direction where the black wire is. Bend the other end of the resistor on the other side.
- Connect the red wire to resistor using the soldering rod
- Glue the soldered connections.
- Join the black and red wires together and let it pass through the hole of the USB port lid.
- Using a nail cutter, cut the metal ends of the LED light. Note that the metal wire with a arc on the LED light should be shorter than the other one.
- Shorten the red and black wires using the nail cutter until the copper wires are exposed.
- Join the wires and the LED light together. The longer LED wire should be connected on the red wire and the shorter one on the black wire.
- Solidify them together with a glue gun until the LED light fits right in place.
Enjoy your USB LED light. You can now use it on your computer, laptop, and even on your power banks.