If your smartphone screen is too small for you to watch movies, there is a way to enjoy entertainment on a bigger screen. Humortech will guide you to make a smartphone projector using a shoe box.
The following are the things you need:
- Shoe box
- Biconvex lens
- Super Glue
- Pencil (or any tracing material)
The video upload by Elena Mits will guide you on making the improvised projector. The video already generated more than 3.7 views.
Follow the following instructions:
- Trace a circle on one of the shorter side of the shoe box. Do this with the shoe box cover. Use the biconvex lens to guide you.
- Cut the traced circle of the shoe box using a cutter.
- Glue the biconvex lens on the hole of the shoe box.
- Cut two pieces of Styrofoam with the same length of the shoebox.
- Trace the one of the Styrofoam with you smartphone.
- On the same Styrofoam, draw a centimeter allowance on the traced mark. This assures that the traced mark is of the same size with the LCD of your smartphone.
- Cut the inner line of the styrofoam.
- Cut about a centimeter on each side of the newly cut styrofoam. Make is sure that it fits your smartphone perfectly.
- Now, the other styrofoam with act a stand of your makeshift smartphone holder. First, draw an inch of a line on one side.
- Glue the two styrofoams together based on the line.
- Impale the two ends of the joined styrofoam with needles. Make it sure that it does not penetrate the space intended to hold you smartphone.
- Place you smartphone on the improvised holder inside the shoe box.
- Adjust the position of the smartphone according to your liking before covering the shoebox.
- Once everything is set, turn off the lights to enjoy the movie.
The projector might not be of best quality, however, if you are a fan of improvised science projects, you should probably try this.