Are you suffering from slow wireless internet connection? Is your WiFi router does not have enough signal strength to reach your room? Don’t worry here is a simple hack that makes your WiFi stronger.
In order to boost your WiFi, you don’t need to buy an expensive device. You just need to assemble simple household such as the following:
- A CD (can be used or blank)
- Wire Coat Hanger
- CD contrainer
- Coaxial cable
- Wire Cutter
- Sautering Iron
- Glue Gun
- Utility Knife
Check out this video to be guided:
- Cut the iron coat hanger (any copper wire can be and alternative)
- Bend the iron coat hanger into two squares forming like a bow tie. Each side should be 31 millimeters long.
- Cut the pole of the CD container and leave 15 millimeters in terms of height.
- Glue the CD on the CD container. The shiny part must face outside.
- Cut one end of the coaxial cable and get rid of the rubber coating.
- Thread the coaxial cable trough the hole on the bottom of the CD container.
- Sauter two end of the coaxial cable to the iron bow tie you just made. One side must be sautered on the copper wire and the aluminum wire on the other side. (Look at the video of clear reference.
- Make sure that the antenna (the coaxial cable) is standing about 60 millimeters from the bottom of the CD container.
- Glue the base of the cable to make it sturdy.
- You can also put the lid of the CD container back on to protect the antenna from any form of disturbance.
- Congratulations! You have made you bi-quad antenna .
Pretty cool right? This is one simple technology hack.
Credits to The Kim Komando Show