Imagine yourself hungry and looking for a fancy restaurant with your love ones. When you have already have eaten some of the food, you noticed some “extra ingredients” that should not be there.
Such is the experience of Facebook user, Francis Tallo, after his younger sister discovered roaches on their monggo soup. He took a photo of the unfortunate incident and uploaded it online to Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña’s Facebook page.
In case of file deletion, here is the caption:
Mayor Tom, reporting a very bad (and GROSS) experience at NeoNeo Ramos, today, Feb. 13, at around 1pm.
Me, my senior mom, and sister ordered lunch, including mongo soup. Halfway through our meal, my sister noticed that there were some dark specks scattered throughout our soup. Upon close inspection, these were baby roaches! We were appalled and grossed out when we realized this and called out the supervisor. He was initially speechless, apologized, and offered a fresh batch (the nerve!), and when I spoke with the area manager, he told me to settle things among us first. But seriously? It is truly unacceptable! Who knows what diseases those roaches were carrying, and my mom is quite old, and doesn’t have the best resistance to this. I wouldn’t even dare eat roaches! Mayor Tom, please help us seek justice, and teach these irresponsible people a lesson.
For everyone reading, we as customers should never ever experience this – we deserve better.
Last Feb. 14, went onsite with the city’s health inspector to do a spot audit. He noted too many violations beginning with food preparation (i.e. disgusting kitchen), and found that the sanitary permit was expired as of 2016. We expect immediate action from the resto’s management in the next few days.
The photo was uploaded last February 13, 2017 and it already generated more than 2 thousand Facebook reactions, 1.9 thousand shares, and 900 comments.
The name of the restaurant was not mentioned in the original post. However, conversations in the comment section reveals the name of the restaurant i.e. Neo-neo. Some are even not very comfortable on the idea on posting such incidents online.
Mayor Osmeña promised to take due action by sending a sanitary team to the restaurant in the comment he commented on the post.
The post itself sparked a debate whether customer disputes such as these deserve exposure in social media or should be settled among themselves first to avoid public scrutiny. Perhaps, things like this really gets viral attention — a new reality that has to be accepted along with social media.