Everyone is excited of the last night of the world wide romantic comedy drama hit — On The Wings of Love (OTWOL) today. Even before the finale episode is shown, fans already boosted the trend to 2 million tweets already.
Ever since from the first episode, OTWOL has always been constantly trending in Twitter gathering a million hits every night.
The high number of tweets is a product not only of the solid fan base of Jadine, but, really because the show is really awesome.
As an avid viewer since the first episode, I would probably say that the show is a success because of great mixture of ideal and real elements of the show. These are the reasons why I will miss OTWOL.
- OTWOL shows how a real gentleman should act as shown in Clark’s character.
- Filipino tradition of courtship is heavily shown.
- The family is central for every decision — which is very Filipino.
- The shows that how a man knows another man’s intentions to a woman.
- There is no such thing as an “evil person” in the world. I love how OTWOL redeemed Jigs’ and Simon’s character.
- There is a thing called “destiny”.
- Signs are all around us and can be as subtle as a flying dove.
- Virginity is still a important part of the dignity of a Filipina and should be respected.
- Tenement Uno shows how a community should be.
- Relationship goals — where OTWOL sets the bar higher for every couple.
- OTWOL is in touch with the present situation of the OFW communities abroad.
- Clark and Lea are really in love with each other (even in real life).
- Social issues where mentioned: Balikbayan boxes, Manila traffic, fixed marriages, LGBT discrimination, Police image, etc.
- OTWOL highlighted possible problems brought about differences in the income of someone’s spouse especially on the part of the guy.
- Financial differences between two families can be a major issue for marriages.
- Airports witness more genuine kisses than elsewhere.
- Contemporary means of communication (skype, email, text) where utilized during the show and they cannot compare to actual presence of the beloved person.
- Internet sensations like Juan Miguel Severo and Bailona were joyful additions to the show.
- Any campaign material will always be effective as long as it fits to the culture it belong (in the case of Sun and Moon and Smart Art).
- Feelings are not faucets that you can turn on and off anytime.
OTWOL will be viewed live tonight worldwide. Thanks to modern technology.
It was a indeed a beautiful ride. I can’t believe OTWOL has come to an end and weeknights will never be the same.