Like many of the reviewers of the latest update would say, the new shield system seems to force the people to play 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It provides less avenue to average gamers.
Looting and preservation of resources has always been an issue since the last update. Sometimes, a 30 million amount of gold and elixir will be raided in a single day. It was very hard to progress in the game if loots requires more effort than usual.
And so, Supercell introduced the Star Bonus. Let’s have a review:
Daily Star Bonus
- Win 5 stars from multiplayer battles to earn bonus loot
- Earn bigger bonuses at higher Leagues!
- A new Star Bonus is available everyday!
- Star Bonus rewards are safeguarded in the Treasury
Consider the Star Bonus some kind of daily war loots. And the best thing about it is that it is protected in the treasury along with the war loots. (A separate article is written about the treasury concept.)
The advent of the Star Bonus attracts the lost players who were die hard farmers. The new feature hits two birds in one stone.
- First, it gives another reason why a COC player should play at least once a day.
- Second, it encourages players to go to a higher league for bigger daily bonuses.
As of my part, I got a 200,000 for both gold and exilir and 1,000 for the Dark Elixir. It honestly made me want to climb up the ladder. However, I still need more time to evaluate whether COC’s previous fun gameplay is back.
In courtesy of Supercell's Clash of Clans