Consistently every weeknight in the Philippines and worldwide, On the Wings of Love (OTWOL) is a trend on Twitter. Bearing the hashtag #OTWOL followed by the title of the episode, the prime time Filipino “teleserye” gathers an average of 400,000 to 500,000 tweets every night. On one of the most awaited episodes they have last week, #OTWOLMostKiligNight, the hashtag generated about 1.7 million mentions when the program was aired.
So, why is this OTWOL fever become very epidemic in social media?
I cannot promise a complete list , but here are some of the reasons why:
- Jadine fans are solid supporters of whatever project James Reid and Nadine Lustre is in.
- OTWOL offers a new refreshing vibes on Philippine television.
- Philippines is the social media capital in the world.
- OTWOL is updated to the current social issues.
- There is no evil antagonist that messes up the story plot.
- The characters themselves are utilizing social media and other latest platforms.
- Before the show is aired, the official hashtag is already released by some fans on Twitter.
- The teasers are very intriguing giving the audience a reason to look forward for the next episode.
- Even after the teleserye, people continues to tweet and read other people reactions.
- Solid fans are preparing drafts before the TV program.
- Nadine Lustre and James Reid are both attractive.
- Beds scenes (not the cliche type) every night.
- Videos of the aired episodes are available online for those who missed an episode to catch up.
- Everybody is crazy about it.
- More other reasons are coming.
It is only been a month since the first episode of OTWOL was shown on TV. Now it ranks among other Filipino consistent trends such as #ALDUB, #PSY, #GGV, #MMK and others. OTWOL always set Twitter on fire.
Are there any other reasons why OTWOL is a hit? Feel here to add some below.
You might also like to read: