- Check the cord connector if it is reliable. A steady Nokia Logo is an indication that your phone is responding properly to the recovery process.
- After the download, install the program to your phone. It will take about 10 to 20 minutes. Be sure that your battery life is at least 25% (which should already been because of 5 hours being attached to the computer).
- You might encounter connectivity issues for the Recovery Tool to detect your device. In this case, remove your phone from your PC/Laptop and connect it again. If the the spinning gears still show up, repeat step no. 9. (Click Here)
- If you are able to do step no. 15, you will repeat the whole process again but, don’t worry because you will skip the long downloading part. Instead, the phone will proceed to the installation of the Windows 8 software.
- The indication that your phone is ready for installation is when a Nokia with bigger fonts appears in the phone screen. Be sure that logo appears steady on your phone.
- Click on the “Start install”.
- Your phone screen will appear red with a Nokia logo on it. It also has a progress bar signifying the installation process. The same progress bar will also appear on your computer screen.
- Once the installation is finished, a summary in your computer screen will show “The Recovery process is successful”. Your phone will also show the a successful message.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it on.
- If you will see the windows phone logo, congratulations! You have revived your phone the same way as your have bought it.
The recovery process will erase all your data of your phone’s internal memory. To be safe, please make use of the One Drive applications of Microsoft. Windows has a great ecosystem and a great community too. Who knows you might encounter this problem again?
To be safe, do not go for unofficial software updates. Wait for the official release.
Do not also reset your device to factory settings if not needed. Most of these problems only occur during software changes.
Once you have your phone back, be wise to download the useful applications. Update your software to the latest available for Windows Phone — for now it is Lumia Denim.
Go back to previous post:
You might also like to read: