I had a very terrible day yesterday. I thought would lose my Nokia Lumia Phone for such a lousy update from Windows Insider Program. I even wrote two sad articles about the matter:
It spent me the whole day to troubleshoot my ordeal. I tried different methods suggested from all the help around. None of which works until I downloaded a Recovery tool app from the Microsoft community page.
My problem was that my phone wont turn on. Instead it keeps on repeatedly show the Nokia logo and two spinning gear. After navigating the power and volume buttons, I came across a lighting and small cog wheel icon. I almost lost hope.
So here is how to save your Nokia Lumia Phone from that disaster:
1. Download the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. (Click here for the link).
2. Wait for it to install in your system.
3. Restart your computer after installing the program. (This is a standard operating procedure for every installed program.)
4. Open the Windows Phone Recovery tool until the icon above has stopped loading.
5. Connect your phone to your PC/Laptop once this screen is showing:
6. If your computer cannot connect to your phone, click on “My phone was not detected”.
7. Click on the manufacturer of your phone e.g. Lumia or HTC.
8. Patiently wait for the phone to detect until it establishes a connection.
9. If the phone was still not able to connect, check the screen of your phone. If it still shows spinning gears or a lighting with a small cog wheel, press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously until the Nokia logo will appear.
10. Once the Nokia logo appear, most likely the phone will be connected to your PC even if it has no power.
11. When the WP Recovery tool finally detect your phone, it will search for the appropriate operating system of your unit.
12. Download the operating system and be very patient. The file is about 1.56 GB and this process will last about 5 to 6 hours.
Go to the next post:
You might also like to read: