iOS 6 Announced! Well that’s the cry of many of Apples ardent followers since last Mond and you really can’t blame them for that. Like many of us, we all want new features for our devices and iOS 6 comes packed with the latest (though not necessarily innovative) features a mobile OS can have. But to the millions of Apple’s handset users around the globe what is also important is what devices it supports. So here are the list of supported devices and the iOS 6’s features.
Devices which will be supported by iOS 6:
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPhone 4,
- iPod touch 4G
- iPhone 3GS
. The iPod Touch 3rd Gen and iPad 1 will not have this
1. The New iPad (3rd generation) will now have
2. Siri added functionality includes asking Siri about the latest latest sports updates, make reservations in your favorite restaurants using Open Table service, ask about latest movies with Rotten Tomatoes, watch movie trailers, ask about actors and directors and more. Siri now has the ability to launch apps or tweet directly on Twitter. The following languages will now also be supported Canadian, Italian, Korean, Mandarin for Taiwan has been added. Aside from this Apple has partnered with auto makers such as Audi, BMW and Mercedes to place a hardware button for launching Siri in cars.
3. At last native Facebook integration
4. There are several updates for core Apps & OS-wide Features such as the native phone app, which now includes a “Do Not Disturb” and “Repeated Calls” toggle in the Settings. FaceTime can video call over 3G cellular . Safari now supports offline reading lists and the ability to upload photos directly. Mail has been updated with pull to refresh for messages in inbox. The update also includes sharing Photo Steam pictures with your friends.
5. Other features include:
- Guided Access
- New Game Center challenges
- New Privacy Controls
- Redesigned Stores
- Added ‘lost mode’ to Find My iPhone service
5. New 3D Maps
iOS 6 will be available as soon as Apple releases its newest iPhone. As of today, iOS 6 beta is only available for registered developers of iOS Dev Center.