Nielsen has now released their Q3 ratings for the USA and the numbers are nothing new. However, the numbers have only established the fact that Android is still king in the OS department and Apple being the No.1 manufacturer. Android has already gained a solid footing as an OS to beat having 42.8% of the market share with HTC getting the size of that share with 15%. Followed are iOS and RIM who are respectively in 2nd and 3rd spot. Apple still remains to be the No. 1 manufacturer with 28.3%. Hit on the press release below for more details. [showhide type=”links” more_text=”Click to Read PRESS RELEASE” less_text=”Hide”]
Android Phones and iPhones Dominating App Downloads in the US
November 29, 2011
In the U.S., 71 percent of those with smartphones own either an Android device or an iPhone. But when it comes to smartphone apps, iPhones and Android smartphones are even more dominant: 83 percent of app downloaders, that is, those who downloaded an app in the past 30 days, use iPhone or Android smartphones.
According to Nielsen’s latest data, 44 percent of all U.S. mobile subscribers now have smartphones. Among those who purchased a new mobile phone in the last three months, 56 percent chose smartphones. Android remains the leading smartphone operating system while Apple is the leading smartphone manufacturer.
- No commented posts yet
- Romeo Toring: Yes!! I am also a Lumia user for 2 years now. I never have r…
- Mimi: I don't like Apple but I do agree with Steve Jobs about the …
- Mimi: I've been a lumia user for 3 years now. I just love every bi…
- Romeo Toring: I have no complain with the results though. I just have some…
- vulnerable babe: If there was indeed a network issue, percentage of votes for…
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive our newsletter on your email.