Host your own blog; don’t use Blogger, WordPress or similar blog hosting platforms. You don’t want to start making money on a hosted blog only to have Google pull your blogs, preventing you from making any more money.
Link To Similar Blogs
This is a technique that several successful bloggers use. What you do is perform a Google blog search to locate and identify blogs, which publish posts on topics similar to your blog. Select a post from such a blog and write your opinion on it. Be sure that you link to the post, and also do a trackback if you can. The blog owner will probably write about it in their blog and link to your post. Their readers will check out your blog in return and may even become regular readers of your posts, if you keep your posts entertaining, to the point and useful.
Keep Your Blog Alive, Active, Current and SEO-Savvy
- Be proactive, blog everyday and spend as much time as you can on writing for your blog.
- Prove that you’re passionate about your blogging and put out content that your readers will enjoy passing on.
- Write down a detailed list of long-tail keywords and keyword phrases to use on your blog. Target those keywords and keyword phrases in the titles of your blog introductions and in the closing paragraph of your blog articles. For my coupon and discount blog I chose to find products related to my niche like eReleases and TRX. They help me stay niche specific.
- Let the search engines see that you are blogging constantly and posting blog entries several times a day. Search engines note when you post fresh, new and enticing content at regular intervals. Your search engine index will increase which leads to increased free blog traffic.
Leverage Social Media Networking
- List out all top social networking directories and make sure you bookmark your blog articles in them. Use services such as OnlyWire.com, which can bookmark your blog entries within multiple directories.
- Create accounts on all top social media sites; write about yourself, your blogging passion, and your topics of interest and so on.
- Join online communities on these social media sites and connect to people who might be interested in your kind of blog.
- Drop links to your latest blogs in your FaceBook, Twitter and other accounts. Follow your regular readers on Twitter and drop tweets of appreciation. The returning free traffic that you’ll generate from this effort will be stupendous.
Generate Free BacklinksPut some of your content on a different location on the Web, such as an article-publishing site such as eHow.com and Ezinearticles.com for example. You will develop increased backlinks, which will in turn increase your blog traffic.
This is a guest post by Zocco who writes about discount deals at coupons blog where he regularly shares TRX discount coupons and ereleases vouchers. Check out his latest blog post where he covers trx coupons and ereleases coupons.